Dear Army’s Army Members,
The Army’s Army needs your help. The NABVETS (National Association for Black Veterans) State Women’s Chapter #0061 and Step & Stages, Inc. has obtained a home for female Veterans. It is located at 120 Langdon Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina 28301.
They now need our help to make this house feel like home for these women and their children. They already have a waiting list of six homeless female veterans. Four of these women have school-aged children.
There are several ways that you can help with this effort:
1. Select a room to furnish
2. Help with painting the rooms of this house
3. Donate new or gently used carpeting for the floors of the home
4. Donate linens and bedding for the bedrooms
5. Provide kitchen utensils and other cooking items
6. Help with landscaping and yard enhancements
7. Donate a kitchen table and table arrangement
8. Prepare a meal once a week at the home for the women and children
9. Donate flowers or vegetables for a garden in the rear of the home
10. Donate wall hangings and “motivating” pictures with a message
If you are interested in helping out with this effort, please email me at: [email protected] or call 910-709-9671.
Thanks so much for your continued support.